Friday, August 20, 2010

Where do I learn more about how to remove viruses?

I do virus/spyware removal, mostly for friends, and friends of friends. I keep trying to learn more, but I really need some more resources. Any ideas? Are there any really good books out there on virus removal? The ''Viruses for Dummies'' book is too basic, I need something more advanced.



Thanks.



~tri



Where do I learn more about how to remove viruses?computer security



With my experience doing this for friends and family I try to always rebuild the PC. YOu can never be completely sure everything is gone unless you re-install the operating system. I usually save their files to an external hard drive, rebuild the computer and throw files back on. It can take MUCH less time then running all the spyware/adware/virus removers.



I havent found any books on the subject . Hope that helps a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment