Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is limewire safe? Will it give my computers viruses?

I just got a new Dell laptop for my birthday, however, there are a few songs that I just love that aren't on iTunes. I don't know what to do. One of them isnt even on a CD! AH! So i was wondering.. Is limewire safe for my new computer? Is it going to fill my computer with viruses? Should I even take the risk?



I do not want my computer to have any viruses if at all possible. I wouldnt sacrafice it for a few songs.



Is limewire safe? Will it give my computers viruses?security



Not definately, but a huge possibility...don't download it if you don't want to ruin your laptop :)...



...Happy Birthday!



Is limewire safe? Will it give my computers viruses?trojan



Limewire is 99% safe as long as you don't download any games or software. If you are just using Limewire for downloading music, videos, and documents then you will be fine. Limewire does not install any spyware or adware like Kazza does. You should have a good antivirus/spyware scanner in the rare event that you do get a virus from downloading something on Limewire. You should also have a good firewall program too. Having a antivirus/spyware and a firewall is common sense, you should have it installed even if you don't have limewire. Nothing these days is 100% secure, but the chances of getting a virus are almost nonexistent. I have been using Limewire for years and have not once got a virus from downloading music on it. Here is the break down of the things you can download on limewire and the risks of getting a virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment