Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Valve's Steam Product: Does it have viruses?

My dad wont let me have Steam, because it is connected to the Internet even when it is closed, and boots up with your computer.



I need it to upgrade Counter-Strike, but I first need to prove to him that there is no viruses or hackers in Steam.



Are there viruses in Steam?



Valve's Steam Product: Does it have viruses?nortin



I've been playing counter strike for a long time, and I have never had any problems with Steam in the way of viruses at all.



Valve's Steam Product: Does it have viruses?pc security



your dad's probably more worried about the effect steam will have on your computers performance, since programs that automatically load up can lag windows. I'm pretty sure you can set it so it doesn't start until you tell it to, you just have to set the options.



as for viruses, steam is a actual company, not some guy who lives in his mom's basement. I doubt they would give you any viruses, as they haven't done anything more to me than harass me with download rates that are a tenth of my normal speed.
one short answer NO

No comments:

Post a Comment