Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Restarting the computer and getting rid of viruses?

I have many viruses on my computer. Most of them cannot be deleted or quarantined. In the past, I've taken my computer to a technician to have him restart my computer to it's orginal state. (When I say ''restart,'' I'm not talking about rebooting it; I'm talking about returning it to it's orginal state.)



If I restart my computer to its original state, I will get rid of all the viruses, correct?



What's it called when the computer is restarted to its orginal state?



Also, how do I restart my computer to its original state? I don't want to pay a technician a lot of money to do it for me.



Restarting the computer and getting rid of viruses?norten



Put your Windows CD in the CD/DVD drive and reboot the PC. When it says 'push any key to boot from CD' hit any key. Then follow the instructions carefully. It's easier than you think.



Good Luck



minder1



Restarting the computer and getting rid of viruses?panda



You need to reformat your pc because of the number of virus/malware in your pc and your anti-virus can't defeat them.
to add to what as others have posted , Put the XP recovery CD in the primary drive and reboot . When the prompt comes up boot from CD push the key as indicated and do so. When it says delete partition do so and you should be on your way to formatting. Just follow the prompts. A complete format will get rid of the viruses and a lot of other crap. I like to do it every six months or so.
What you're talking about is restore...



If you have an original restore disk you can do this yourself. Just pop in the disk, and follow instructions. Also you may have a restore partition on your hard drive that you would access by hitting some key at boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment