Friday, August 20, 2010

Is Limewire a threat to Macs with viruses and spyware?

Macs are supposed to be virus and spyware free, but I think I might be compromising it if I download Limewire, as I've gotten many viruses on previous PCs from it. If so, is there any other software I can use for music? Thanks.



Is Limewire a threat to Macs with viruses and spyware?free spyware



Unfortunately, no matter what program you ever use to download anything, will still present the risk of bringing an infected file onto your computer.



All you can do is try to decrease that risk. For PCs, for example, LimeWire enables users to scan every downloaded file using your own Anti-Virus program. I have my LimeWire set up to scan every file with Norton before saving it to my disk. I have never received a single virus from LimeWire in the 3 years I've had it.



For Macs, I know everyone brags that they are practically invincible, but they are still able to contract viruses no matter what someone tells you. They are much more secure than a PC, but they are still slightly at risk.



LimeWire is a very trust-worthy program in my personal opinion. It does indeed try to screen out any harmful files and only present you with quality, safe files. There will always be a risk, but I believe LimeWire significantly decreases that risk.



Is Limewire a threat to Macs with viruses and spyware?live update

No comments:

Post a Comment